With a group of colleagues at the World Bank, the Institute for Fiscal Studies, ODI and the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, I co-organize an annual conference series on topics in public finance with relevance for low and middle-income countries. Information on the topic and location for the 2024 conference will be published in a few months.
Previous conferences have covered the following themes:
- The Political Economy of Public Finances, September 21-22, 2023, London.
- Global Tax Equity, September 22-23, 2022, Washington DC.
- New Tax Instruments, September 30 - October 1, 2021, on zoom.
- Taxing Personal Income and Wealth, September 24-25, 2020, on zoom.
- The Value Added of Value-Added Taxes, conference organized jointly with the University of Michigan and Columbia University, May 9-10, 2019, Washington DC.